top of page

Group

Public·34 members
James Cruz
James Cruz

Oracle Database Mac Os X Download

This archive. will work on a 32 or 64 bit Windows OS. The bit level of the JDK you install will determine if it runs as a 32 or 64 bit application. This download does not include the required Oracle Java JDK. You will need to install it if it's not already on your machine. We officially support Oracle JDK 11.

Oracle Database Mac Os X Download

1 Oracle Base Database Service, Exadata Database Service on Dedicated Infrastructure, and Exadata Cloud at Customer follow the same support life and error correction schedule as on-premises dates unless otherwise noted in Table 1 above (for example, 11.2.0.4 MDS). Also, Extended Support is bundled with these services and does not require additional fees. These services will not be covered under Sustaining Support and Oracle makes no commitment that any cloud service instances will continue to run after the end of their support life (Premier, extended, error correction, or MDS). We will not disable any installed databases upon the expiration of support, but the underlying infrastructure will continue to be updated. The infrastructure updates may render the unpatched databases inoperable. We make no commitment as to how long any unpatched databases will continue to run.

2 Oracle's current plan for Oracle Autonomous Database - Shared Exadata Infrastructure, Oracle Autonomous Database - Dedicated Exadata Infrastructure, Autonomous Database on Exadata Cloud@Customer services is to support Long Term Release versions for a similar period of time found for those major releases when deployed on-premises. The intent of this plan is to provide stability of service experience for the thousands of critical database deployments found in Oracle Cloud. Additionally, we will at times make available Innovation Releases as part of the Autonomous Database Cloud Services. Innovation Releases, when provided, will be supported for a shorter period of time as compared to a Long Term Release, similar to what is found for those releases when deployed on-premises. Oracle reserves the right to change this plan with changing business requirements. Any change will take into account that stability is of utmost importance to Oracle's many thousands of mission critical deployments.

Since I wrote this article in 2007 there have been new releases of Oracle (including 10g Express Edition for Linux),Parallels, VirtualBox, Mac OS and every flavour of Linux.Ubuntu has become a favourite desktop Linux, and is now supported by Oracle, including a convenient XE installation.Parallels Tools now provides file sharing for Linux, and Oracle provides pre-built VirtualBox demo VMs for download.Many of us who moaned about the lack of an Oracle version for Mac have found that we don't really need one after all.

However, Parallels Desktop For Mac has been getting some great write-ups, as it makes use of the Mac'sshiny new Intel chip to run software compiled for Intel with almost native efficiency.A virtual database server even has some advantages, since you'll get a client-server setup that's similar to many commercial Oracle installations.It'll also be easy to experiment with configurations, and you can make a backup by simply copying the Parallels .hdd file.

Shortly after this article was written, Howard Rogers closed the Dizwell site.Unfortunately this article linked to some excellent animated installation guides that were there.These days (as of 2015), following a complete site overhaul, he is writing again and you can download his pre-built Centos/Oracle disk image fromwww.dizwell.com.

This will give us a virtual database server that will appear like another computer on the network. For most purposes we'll be able to connect to the database from the Mac,without having to log into CentOS at all.

You also need a guest OS capable of running Oracle.Many choose Windows for its convenience and the ability to use tools such as PL/SQL Developer or(if you must) TOAD.However, Redhat Linux is an Oracle-supported platform (2006's Oracle Unbreakable Linux is essentially Redhat with an Oracle badge),and CentOS is a free Redhat clone.You can buy CentOS on DVD (it's very cheap since you are only paying for the distribution costs) or download a disk image in .iso format.It's further complicated by a choice of versions (I chose CentOS 4.4 for i386), mirrors (I chose the "actual country" download mirror site, in my case UK),formats (single DVD rather than multiple CD) and download methods (I chose Bittorrent). (Update: CentOS 5 is the current release as of Summer 2007.)

You can download Bittorrent free from www.bittorrent.com. With Bittorrent, you download a small control file such as CentOS-4.4-i386-binDVD.torrent, and open it in the Bittorrent application, which drives the actual download. I started it up and left it running overnight. (I'm told Bittorrrent can be extremely fast, but in my case it wasn't. If you have problems there is a lot of help on the Net.)

• At the time of writing, this is Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Enterprise/Standard Edition for Linux x86 32 bit.There is no convenient way provided to share files between the VM and the host, although we can set up an NFS share later,which allows you to access Mac files directly from Linux.Create a new Virtual MachineParallels' supplied help explains how to get this started. Essentially you create a new virtual machine (VM) using the "Install OS" button, and follow the onscreen instructions.Choose "Custom OS installation" (Windows users get a handy Express option, but no such luck for Linux).

• For the OS Type, choose Linux and Red Hat Linux (RHL is the same as CentOS for our purposes).

• I gave it 756 MB of RAM (my iMac has 2 GB), and 15 GB (15360 MB) of disk space, selecting Plain rather than Expanding (it said it would run faster).You could make it bigger, but huge files are slower to back-up, copy and so on.(However, if you install Application Express you will need at least 936 MB of memory, and a bit more disk space.)

• For the hard disk image file location, I chose a spot on my Firewire drive (a subfolder per VM is a good idea).

• For networking, choose "Bridged Ethernet" (see "Networking for Dummies" box, below).

• "Default adaptor" will do (this lets it choose between Ethernet or Airport automatically), or just pick Ethernet.

• Give the VM a name. This is the name within Parallels, not the CentOS hostname.

• Select "ISO file" for the installation media, and show it the CentOS .iso file you downloaded earlier.Hit "Finish" and be prepared for a ten minute wait while it formats 15GB of disk space.

Install CentOSFollow Howard Rogers' guide to installing CentOS 4.

There is also no way provided to share files between the VM and the host, but you can set up an NFS share. To keep this installation guide simple, I have written a separateNFS setup guide. (If you are not familiar with the networking involved, you may want to read "Networking for Dummies", below,before tackling NFS.) With NFS in place, you can download and unzip the Oracle software to the Mac, rathr than having to download it separately withinany VM you create.

If you set up NFS, then you can download and unzip Oracle on the Mac, into a directory you share using NFS(www.oracle.com, Downloads, look for Database 10g for Linux, 32 bit).3 While it's downloading, it might be a good time to install your favourite Firefox bookmark synchronisation service - I use Foxmarks. Then within CentOS you can simply cd to that directory and execute ./runInstaller.Otherwise, you'll have to download Oracle from inside CentOS.You might as well also download the Oracle Database 10g Companion CD while you're at it (672 MB) if you are going to want to install Application Express later.

Howard suggests editing /etc/rc.d/init.d/dbora (the database startup script called during the boot process) to have itstart up OEM. I had mine start up iSQL*Plus (see below) as well. I added the following lines to the "start" section:

Although the server process is started by default when you create the database, it will need to be restarted any time you restart the database.Enter the following command in CentOS, as the oracle user:

Download from www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/sql_developer.A ready-to-run Mac OSX binary is provided (SQLDeveloper.app). I must admit I was expecting some clunky Windows Java port, but I was pleasantly surprised.The Preferences are in the wrong place, but apart from that it's looking a lot like a real Mac application. Nice job, guys!More resources are available on the official SQL Developer mini-site.I won't repeat the "Getting Started" instructions here, as it's just a case of clicking on the icon.

• Start at the Application Express home page,which has many useful links including the download page,which in turn leads to the installation guide.Essentially there are three steps:Install Oracle HTTP Server (also referred to as "Apache Standalone"), a lightweight web server, from the Companion CD(not actually a CD, but a zipped download).

• Run SQL*Plus script apexins.sql as SYS to install the database objects (this will create two schemas, with various tables, packages,public synonyms etc).

• Work through the Post-Installation Tasks in the installation guide, such as setting up a marvel.conf and starting the Oracle HTTP Server.

However in practice things were not quite so straightforward.

The Companion CD Release 2 available on the 10g (10.2.0.1) database download page at the time of writing (February 2007)claims to include two versions of Application Express,"Oracle Application Express v2.2.1" and "Oracle Application Express (formerly HTML DB) v2.0".Once you've run the supplied installer, however (which gives you no such choice), the "Installed Products" list displays "Oracle HTML DB 10.2.0.1",and actually seems to have installed 1.6.5 There may be a better way to check your Apex version, but the installer creates two user accounts, FLOWS_FILES and FLOWS_n, where n represents the version number. These accounts are listed at the end of the intaller log. In my case the initial install gave me FLOWS_016000, indicating version 1.6. After dropping both accounts with DROP USER CASCADE and running apexins.sql from a more recent Application Express download, I have a new FLOWS_020200 account.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page